The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is looking for a Supply Early Childhood Educator to join their team.
In this role, you will:
- Plan and deliver a consistent child-centered program in accordance with our YMCA Playing to Learn curriculum (0–6-year-olds)
- Provide quality compassionate care and support to children and their families
- Ensure supervision and safety of children at all times; Understand and comply with provincial (CCEYA), municipal and YMCA policies and procedures
- Be committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and building a sense of belonging
- Embrace and exemplify the Y’s core values
Education and Skills:
- Experience working with children 0-12 years in a work or school placement setting is an asset.
- Plans to enroll, or in current pursuit of a diploma in Early Childhood Education or in pursuit or holds a diploma or a degree in a related field of study is an asset.
- Early Childhood Education graduates must be registered (or proof that registration is in process) and in good standing in the College of Early Childhood Educators (CECE)
- Graduates in a related field of study must be members of their associations as required
- Valid Standard First Aid and CPR Level C certification or include the date of training scheduled within the next three months. Training cost and time is at the expense of the applicant and not reimbursed.
- Applicants are required to be a minimum of 18 years of age or older to acquire a current Vulnerable Criminal Reference Check (less than 6 months old)
- Up-to-date immunizations required by Public Health, Ministry of Education and YMCASWO
- Ability to use frequent light to medium physical effort: lifting to 20 kg (44 lbs.) bending and stooping
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Starting rates are dependent on region, qualifications, and contract.
- Members of the College of Early Childhood Educators, Ontario – up to $20.50 per hour (includes government wage enhancements)
- Non-Members – up to $18.55 per hour (includes government wage enhancements)
As part of your total compensation:
- Receive a complimentary YMCA membership to our Health & Fitness facilities, and discounts on YMCA child care and camp programs
- Access vacation entitlement, and up to 3 paid personal days annually
- Be part of a caring and supportive network of people to help each other succeed
- Complimentary access to wellness and counselling services
- Contribute to real, meaningful impact in the lives of children and youth
- Monday through Friday (no weekends)
- Can work a minimum of two shifts per week/eight shifts per month.
- Flexible shift times – shifts range from for 3 – 7.5-hours per day,
- to submit personal availability for shifts 4 weeks in advance, using a web-based scheduling system
- Shifts are scheduled in advance whenever possible according to personal availability and the Centre’s needs.
- Submit your cover letter, resume, and supporting documents via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include in your submission your specialized experience, and why you are the best candidate for this role. Please include the name of the position and location in your application.
- We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NOTE: The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders including our members/participants, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations.
Why The Y?
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to the development of healthy communities and welcomes people of all backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities. We are committed to helping our employees reach their full potential and are recognized by Forbes as one of Canada’s Top Employers. We offer meaningful employment and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and families.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com