Job Search Support
Employment Advisors are available to provide individualized one-on-one support for conducting successful job search strategies and identifying training needs.
Please contact our main reception at 519-245-4500, ext 200 to meet with an Employment Advisor for any of the following services:
- Resume/Cover Letter preparation and review
- Developing interview techniques
- Help with developing opportunities leading to personal networking (volunteering, information interviews)
- Resource/Information Area, including:
- Assistance with computer usage and access to internet based services (email, online self-assessment tools, job search databases)
- Access to fax machine to send resume and work applications
- Photocopying of resumes and work related documents
- Workshops related to short and long term goal setting (Getting Started); Resume and cover letter workshops; Networking and interview preparation workshops
Career planning and exploration is an ongoing, progressive process of choosing education, training, and jobs that fit your interests and skills.
Employment Advisors are available to meet with you one-on-one to assist you with this planning process.
Community Employment Choices is your gateway to government sponsored training programs including Better Jobs Ontario (formerly known as Second Career), Job Matching Placement Incentives, Canada-Ontario Job Grant and Youth Job Connection. These programs are available to eligible residents of Middlesex County. Please contact us to arrange an appointment to speak with one of our Employment Advisors to see if you qualify.
- Access to education and training information offered by colleges, public and private schools
- Orientation and information on general apprenticeship training and employment
- Access to workplace safety information