Employment Placement/Training Incentive
Employment Placement/Training Incentive is a temporary financial incentive offered to encourage employers to hire targeted individuals into long-term employment by providing them with direct work experience and training, including apprenticeship.
Employer Placement Incentive
This incentive is intended to:
- Encourage employers to provide on-the-job training placements, work experience opportunities and/or skill level assessments to support an individual’s employment/labour market goals consistent with the needs of the labour market
- Encourage employers to support participants in addressing gaps in their credibility, skills and experience
- Offset some of the employers’ costs, such as temporary reductions in productivity, increased supervision requirements and out of pocket training expenses
- Encourage employers to register/hire and train a client as an apprentice
Canada Ontario Job Grant
The Canada-Ontario Job Grant (the Job Grant) provides an opportunity for employers to invest in their workforce, with help from the government. The Job Grant will provide direct financial support to individual employers who wish to purchase training for their employees. It is available to small, medium and large businesses with a plan to deliver short-term training to existing and new employees, and will:
- Provide up to $10,000 in government support per person for training costs.
- Require employers to contribute one-third of the total costs. There will be additional flexibility for small businesses (under 50 employees) to provide an in-kind contribution towards their share of the costs.
- Require training to be delivered by an eligible, third-party trainer and the training must take place in Ontario.
Canada-Ontario Job Grant informational website: http://www.tcu.gov.on.ca/eng/eopg/cojg
If you’re interested in accessing either of these training incentives, or for more information, please contact Michele Sands, Business Advisor with Community Employment Choices;
Phone: 519-245-4500 ext. 205
This Employment Ontario service is funded
in part by the Government of Canada and
the Government of Ontario.