The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is looking for a Site Supervisor to join their team.
Location: Various Elementary Schools – Middlesex County
We have locations in: Lucan, Strathroy, Glencoe, Parkhill, Delaware, Ilderton, Thorndale
Position/Term: School Age – Site Supervisors and Educators Elementary School Year 2022-2023
- To ensure compliance with the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 and health unit regulations
- Adhere to YMCA of Southwestern Ontario policy and procedures.
- To ensure the implementation of the YMCA A Place to Connect curriculum to meet the needs, special needs, interests, and talents of all children.
- Act as a YMCA ambassador, demonstrating YMCA core values in your daily work.
- Adhere to the Early Childhood Educator Code of Ethics and Standards
- Develop and facilitate a before and after school program for students 4 – 12 years of age in their school.
- Ensure the safety of students enrolled in the program through direct supervision, attendance protocols, and age-appropriate programming
- Required to commit to supporting a family of schools within a reasonable proximity.
- Hold A Current Standard First Aid & CPR Level- C Certificate (from an approved WSIB approved agency) orprovide proof of enrollment at the time of hire, in a course within three months.
- Willing to obtain, or provide a current criminal reference check with vulnerable sector screening within the last 6 months
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Experience working with children 0-12 years in a work or school placement setting.
- Meet immunization requirements outlined in the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 (Provide dates of Tetanus and Measles, Mumps, Rubella)
- It is a YMCA of Southwestern Ontario requirement that all employees and volunteers have a minimum of two vaccinations against COVID-19. Exemptions will be granted upon receipt of acceptable proof of a permissible Human Rights Code ground. This requirement has been suspended effective June 30, 2022. It may be reinstated in future should the state of public health in our communities require it.
- Starting from $17.50 to $19.00 per hour (includes a provincial wage enhancement grant-wage depends on qualifications)
- A YMCA personal membership at our health and fitness branches
- A discount on our Childcare and Camp programs
- Vacation entitlement in accordance with the employment standards regulations
- May be entitled to up to 6 paid personal days – applicable with position and contract length
- May be eligible for part-time benefits should you meet the criteria to qualify
- Monday through Friday following the elementary school calendar
- Morning program operates from – 7:15am – 9:00am
- Afternoon program operates from – 3:00pm – 6:00pm
- The number of shifts per week is dependent upon candidates’ availability
- Possibility of additional full-day shifts on PD Days/Breaks – various locations/needs
- In your cover letter, specifically state the position you are applying for and the location.
- Job ID: CESSAPS23
- Please include specific information detailing how you meet the qualifications we require for this position.
- Submit your cover letter, resume, and applicable attachments by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders including our members/participants, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com