The Registered Nurse will provide professional nursing care to residents and monitor care given by Registered Practical Nurses and unregulated staff. The Registered Nurse will plan, direct and co-ordinate all activities necessary for the management of the Unit. This position works closely with the Director of Resident Care, Attending Physicians, Adjuvants and all other auxiliary personnel.
- Shall provide professional care to residents and supervise care given by Registered Practical Nurses, Health Care Aides, PSW’s, Orderlies and Nursing Assistants on the Unit.
- To plan, direct and co-ordinate all activities necessary for the management of the Unit.
- To work closely with the Director of Resident Care, Attending Physicians, Adjuvants and all other auxiliary personnel.
- To maintain confidentiality, including privacy of all residents in the Home.
- Provides nursing care in accordance with administrative policies, physician’s orders, established standards and recognized principles of the College of Nurses.
- Ongoing assessment of resident’s conditions through recognizing and interpreting signs and symptoms and instituting remedial health measures where appropriate.
- Accompanying physicians on their rounds and processing physician’s orders.
- Keeping physicians informed of unstable conditions of any residents.
- Assists the physician in diagnostic and therapeutic measures.
- Is responsible for the nursing care of all residents on their unit.
- Administers medications and treatments as prescribed.
- Ensures safekeeping of all medications and narcotics.
- Observes, reports and records symptoms and conditions of residents.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and complete records of nursing observations and care.
- Responsible for proper care of equipment used in providing care to residents.
- Completes RAI assessments & RAP’s as directed by RAI co-ordinator/back-up co-ordinator or designate.
- Assists in developing and maintaining up to date Resident Care Plans.
- Completes all resident assessments as per Strathmere Lodge policy & procedures.
- Ensures that incident / accident reports are completed, families are notified.
- Assists in maintaining a physical and psycho social environment which meets the needs of the residents.
- Assists in teaching residents good health habits.
- Assists in maintaining adequate standards of cleanliness.
- Deals tactfully and courteously with residents, residents families and visitors.
- Studies trends and developments in nursing practice and evaluated their adaptability and where appropriate assists with nursing research.
- Attends in-service programs. Assists with in-service education of nursing personnel.
- Assists in training and supervision of nursing service personnel.
- Assists with annual evaluations of all nursing staff.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with all personnel in the Home.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Diploma from a recognized school of nursing. Possesses a current Ontario Certificate of Competence.
- Completion of a course in geriatric nursing such as Nursing Unit Administration preferred Current CPR certificate
- Experience in a geriatric, rehabilitation or long term nursing setting. Possess basic computer skills.
- Good leadership, organizational and managerial qualities.
- Mature individual having good physical and mental health and excellent rapport with the elderly.
This is a temporary, part-time position for up to twelve (12) months. Shifts may vary from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. The successful candidate must be available to work weekdays, weekends and statutory holidays. The successful candidate will also need to provide a current Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening as well as a two-step TB skin test (dated within 1 year).
Strathmere Lodge provides competitive compensation, complete with comprehensive health and dental benefits (or pay in lieu of benefits), and enrollment in the OMERS (Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System) pension plan, where applicable as per the Collective Agreement. The pay scale for this position is $38.66 to $57.19.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to Rebecca Zeldon, Human Resources and Wellness Advisor, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, December 2, 2022.
Strathmere Lodge and Middlesex County are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process. If you are contacted for an interview, please advise us of any accommodations that may be required. This information will be treated confidentially and only used for the purpose of providing an accessible recruitment experience.
We thank all applicants who apply, but only those applicants to be interviewed will be acknowledged. Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for candidate selection purposes only.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com