Local Strathroy Family
A local family is seeking to hire an individual to provide respite services including childcare and recreation for their two children.
The two children are persons with autism and developmental delays. Respite would be provided 1:1 with children separately, with the occasional exception. Both children are non-verbal and incontinent. Children are a 6 year old female and a 3 year old male. Respite is to be provided in the home to start, with community outings to be added once a relationship is established.
- Engage in general client care including feeding, dressing and diapering;
- Work under pressure to meet the needs of the children in the moment
- Provide a positive, stimulating and safe physical environment for children
- Assist with planning and implementing community outings, leisure activities and social skill development;
- Experience working with individuals with complex needs and challenging behaviours.
- A valid Drivers licence, clear drivers abstract and transportation (any outings gas and mileage would be compensated).
- A clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector screening required.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
- Education in developmental disabilities or human services (e.g., DSW, SSW, CYW, ECE, FSW, PSW).
- Current C.P.R. and First Aid and/or CPI and PMB certificate.
- Experience working with autistic and/ or developmentally delayed individuals.
- Experience with assisting individuals in personal care.
Hours: Casual/flexible. 4 to 10 hours per week, primarily for evenings and weekends.
Wage: $20-$25 per hour depending on experience
Interested applicants, please submit your resume by email to Jen at Jenckroh@gmail.com or call/text 519-495-7409.
To apply for this job email your details to Jenckroh@gmail.com