Thunderbird Partnership Foundation
10-month contract with possibility of becoming permanent full-time.
Are you an experienced inventory specialist who is looking to build on your strong track record of shipping, receiving and inventory management with an opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of Indigenous people within a strengths focused environment? If so, let’s talk!
Thunderbird Partnership Foundation is a national non-profit organization serving First Nations in mental wellness. Our mandate is set by three frameworks:
- Honouring Our Strengths: A Renewed Framework to Address Substance Use Issues Among First Nations People in Canada
- Indigenous Wellness Framework
- First Nations Mental Wellness Continuum
Our core stakeholders are First Nations communities and the network of First Nations adult and youth treatment centres. To support our mandate, Thunderbird has two office locations: one based in a First Nations community in southwestern Ontario, and the other in the city of London, Ontario. This position is located at the London, Ontario office.
As the Thunderbird Partnership Foundation Inventory Specialist, you will
- maintain Thunderbird’s inventory by loading, unloading, sorting, and moving shipments
- verify, receive, count, and input inventory into a database tracking all incoming and outgoing supplies and materials ensuring they are of good quality
- oversee multiple orders from various teams, develop and improve existing procedures, maintain inventory through accurate records and complete inventory count on a scheduled basis
- reconcile purchase orders, complete coding of accounts payable and supplier statements within tight deadlines
- work on a team with others like yourself who are dedicated to work which has real value and meaning in the lives of others
- apply your experience, skills, talents, and passion for the benefit of others while learning from the expertise of your wellness focused team
- work with staff who are kind, supportive, encouraging and caring
- enjoy the satisfaction that comes from knowing that your work is much more than just a job
Education and Experience
- Secondary School Diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent and 3 years work related experience.
- excellent writing skills in English and ability to communicate clearly
- hands on experience with MS Office and inventory databases
- experience working with First Nations, or an Indigenous organization is an asset
- fluency in a First Nations language is a definite asset
- knowledge of First Nations culture and worldview is a definite asset
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- ability to work collaboratively with internal team and external stakeholders
- ability to function autonomously with minimal supervision, to be flexible and adaptable to change
- high level of professionalism and able to always maintain confidentiality
- creative, detail-oriented, and self-motivated with a strong work ethic and commitment to quality
- demonstrates strong organizational, time-management and multitask skills with ability to work on multiple assignments in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- able to access worksites not accessible by public transportation
If this sounds like the right fit for you, please email your cover letter and resume for confidential consideration. All applications will be screened based on the above qualifications and submission of a full application (cover letter and resume).
Thunderbird Partnership Foundation (NNAPF)
22361 Austin Line
Bothwell, ON N0P 1C0
Closing date: Open until filled.
We value the importance of diversity and dignity in the workplace and are committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. To request a full job description, please contact Annette Howlett at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org