Stewart Overhead Door
Stewart Overhead Door has been in continuous operation for over 56 years. We have built a reputation for the quality of the parts we supply, for the skill of our installers and for the exceptional customer service that is at the core of our business philosophy.
We are currently accepting resumes for H&S & HR Manager. Working out of the main office located in Delaware Ontario, 10-minute drive West of London
We are looking for individuals who are eager to be a part of our growing team and provide quality work and exceptional attention to detail for our customers.
- Develop and maintain an integrated health and safety system for Stewart Overhead Door.
- Complete an audit and review the health and safety system annually, to ensure that it continues to be effective.
- Complete Accident Investigation(s)and required documentation including required reports to the WSIB and if required MOL to ensure compliance. Maintain and administer the RTW Program with employees and the respected Manager.
- Ensure that there is an integrated performance review system in place for all managers and employees, which include a health and safety component.
- Complete a training schedule and to ensure all employees at Stewart Overhead Door, have the appropriate skills and knowledge to prevent work-related injury and illness.
- Communicate and present all Internal training and outsource additional Health & Safety training as required for all employees.
- Review and submit required Health & Safety information as requested by Contractors.
- Review Stewart Overhead Door Contractors to ensure compliance to our program and to ensure correct documentation is provided and up-to-date.
- Ensure that safety-related information is communicated at management meetings on a regular basis.
- Management Member of the Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC), maintain and operating according to the legislated requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA).
- Conduct a hazard and risk assessment at least annually, to recognize and assess any and all health and safety-related hazards that exist at Stewart Overhead Door.
- Develop and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Review the injury and illness frequency annually to measure the effectiveness of the established integrated health and safety system at Stewart Overhead Door.
- Report all findings immediately to the Management Team.
- Assist the Management Team to effectively deal with any arising health and safety-related concerns or issues
- Complete visits to work site(s) and within the facility to ensure compliance of the Health & Safety Program and report findings back to the Management Team.
- Immediately correct and document non-compliance of the Health & Safety Program and Human Relations Policies and Procedures with all levels of the organization.
- Effectively act as an internal resource for Stewart Overhead Door for any health and safety-related matters.
- Keep current with health and safety-related trends, industry issues, and/or legislative changes, through participation in a health and safety training program or information seminar.
- Effectively recruit, train, facilitate, instruct and develop new and current employees utilizing Human Relations, OHSA and Employment Standards.
- Complete required investigation as required by law and internal policies and/or procedures.
- Develop and maintain an integral human relations policies and procedures system in accordance to legislation and employment standards.
- Leads development through networking with local collages, trade schools and internet to recruit new employees
- Develop and be the administrator for programs, procedures and guidelines to align the workforce with company strategic goals (long and short term).
- Assist with in-house employee training system, new worker orientation, management development and cross training.
- Keep current with MTO Regulatory requirements with a focus on CVOR system and audit process. All files are up to date, available in hard copy and internal software.
- Coordinate 3rd Party compliance of employees, including the review and requirement for Government Building
- Post Secondary Education in HSE
- Management Leadership experience, 3-5 years
- Construction Experience, 3-5 years
- Knowledge and training in HR development and recruitment process.
- Hazard-Specific Certification Process certified in the OHSA, Construction and Industrial Regulations and other safety requirement as required.
- Able to train, facilitate, instruct and develop new and current employees.
- Excellent attention to detail and maintain company files
- Able to keep confidential information
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) and negotiation skills, tack and diplomacy to ensure the implementation of company policies and procedures.
- Advanced computer skills with experience using software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Previous WSIB Claims experience
Hours: Day Shift: 7:30 am – 4:30 pm (some days maybe later) Monday-Friday
What we offer:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Complete benefits program and DPSP program.
- Company Events Include – Golf Tournament, Festive Party in January, Family Day & BBQ’s
Interested applicants, please submit your resume by email to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org