Dashwood Industries Inc.
Dashwood Industries Inc. has been manufacturing high quality windows and doors since 1928. Our commitment to providing the very best quality, selection and service to our customers has never wavered. We are looking for an individual who is interested in thriving professionally at a rapidly growing company with an inclusive and engaging culture. A career at Dashwood means you can become a part of a clear purpose; one that brings innovation and quality for years to come.
The Equipment and Facility Specialist will oversee, troubleshoot and maintain the functional operations of Dashwood’s electrical and mechanical infrastructure. The Equipment and Facility Specialist’s main functions are to implement, execute and maintain scheduled preventative maintenance for all plant and production equipment and to ensure optimized processing efficiency with minimal downtime relative to electrical and mechanical failure.
- Leads the installation of new equipment pertaining to the plant floor and facility.
- Coordinate moving of equipment.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, maintain & repair various pieces of process equipment and general building issues.
- Read, analyze and interpret technical manuals, drawings and basic operation guides as necessary to assess targeted issues and assignments.
- Make recommendations on changes to equipment, method or product.
- Use a variety of tools and measuring equipment.
- Frequently communicate with supervisors and lead hands to ensure proper functionality of production processes/equipment.
- Schedule and coordinate electrical safety authority visits and log books.
- Coordinate Preventive Maintenance software.
- Ensure all safety devices are properly adjusted, in place, and all procedures are followed.
- Adhere to Dashwood’s policies and procedures.
- Adhere to the Ontario Health and Safety Act
- All other duties as assigned
- Certified Electrician or Certified Millwright (Ontario Certificate of Qualification).
- 3 to 5 years of manufacturing experience.
- Straight days position. Able to work overtime before and after shifts or weekends.
- Working knowledge of a facility and assets within it.
- Effective and targeted communicator with the ability to prioritize urgencies.
- Understanding of and compliance with safety procedures and good housekeeping standards.
- Strong decision making, problem solving, troubleshooting and multi-tasking.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and effectively meet deadlines.
- Possess a proactive, positive demeanor with results driven focus and excellent attendance.
- Ability to work both independently and in a multi-functional team environment with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work with PC – windows based programs – MS office, word, excel, etc.
Dashwood Industries is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If chosen to participate in the selection process, accommodations are available upon request. If you require an accommodation through any aspect of the selection process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
To apply for this job please visit www.glassdoor.ca.