Whitehills Childcare Association
Whitehills Childcare Association is looking for an Educator to join their team.
Whitehills Childcare Association is a non-profit, multi-service organization that provides full-time, part-time and before and after school child care services to children ages 3 months through 12 years as well as the lead agency role for Family Centre Fox Hollow. The organization operates multi-sites, employs approximately 70 employees, and operates on a budget of approximately $4.3M.
- The Educator’s immediate supervisor is the Program Supervisor.
- Lead Educators provide a mentoring role.
The Educator is responsible for:
- Implementing programs that meets the goals, approaches and the compliance and contraventions of the Program Statement and Implementation Policy of Whitehills Childcare Association.
- Implementing programs that are reflective of the organization’s mission, vision, core values, as well as current trends, research, best practices, licensing and EarlyON requirements.
- Participating in the mentoring process at all levels of the organization.
- Participating in meaningful professional learning, based on their goals and consistent with the Program Statement and Implementation Policy, Mission, Vision, Core Values, the policies of Whitehills Childcare Association and based on their goals.
- Building positive on-going relationships with families.
- Collaborating and communicating positively with other educators, Lead Educators, supervisors, managers and staff members.
- Developing positive on-going partnerships with partner agencies, community organizations, licensing bodies, and the general public.
The Educator has accountabilities in the areas of program development, human resources, administration and financial, as outlined below:
Program and Program Development
The Educator will:
- Implement programs that meets the goals, approaches, compliance and contraventions of the Program Statement and Implementation Policy of Whitehills Childcare Association.
- Implement programs that are reflective of the organization’s mission, vision, core values, as well as current trends, research, best practices and licensing and EarlyON requirements.
- Maintain a working knowledge of documents and resources used in programming, based on research and best practice in licensed child care and early years. This can be achieved through participation in hands-on experience, meaningful professional learning, both internal and external, as well as participation in the community.
- Develop and maintain strong and meaningful relationships with families. Engage families through various forms of communication and documentation and encourage their input and feedback to inform programming and curriculum. Provide an important link between child care and Family Centre Fox Hollow that supports families in accessing services, referrals, resources, information and awareness.
- Maintain effective daily communication and collaboration with other educators, Lead Educators, supervisors and managers, in order to enhance observations, documentation and inform curriculum planning to best meet the needs of the children and families.
The Educator will:
- Participate in the mentoring process with the Program Supervisor and Lead Educator in accordance with the policies of Whitehills Childcare Association.
- Participate in on-going, internal and external, meaningful professional learning and community work, based on their goals and consistent with the Program Statement and Implementation Policy, the Mission, Vision, Core Values and the policies of Whitehills Childcare Association.
- Support the mentoring of peers, new and transitioning staff, students and volunteers.
- Support a work environment that attracts, motivates and retains a diverse staff of dedicated professionals.
- Support a work environment where communication is positive, ongoing, timely and appropriate and concerns and conflicts are resolved according to employee policy.
- Support a safe work site in accordance with Whitehills Childcare Association’s policies and procedures.
The Educator will:
- Ensure that all classroom/ program written documentation for licensing and regulatory requirements are met.
- Orient new families into their classrooms/ programs and maintain children’s documentation to meet all licensing requirements.
- Ensure that all professional and employment documentation required for the job are maintained and up to date e.g. Criminal Reference Checks, membership in the College of Early Childhood Educators.
The Educator will:
- Ensure the efficient use of equipment and materials.
- Maintain an inventory of supplies and materials.
- Notify supervisor of any replacement needs.
The Educator works within a child care setting, school age program and Family Centre. This position may be required to travel between sites and attend professional learning, community work and meetings both internally and externally. Some evening and weekend work is required, as well as occasional overnight travel.
- Early Childhood Education Diploma and a member in good standing of the College of Early Childhood Educators.
- In the case of non-ECEs, other qualifications and experience may be considered. All responsibilities of this job description apply to non-ECEs.
- Meets all documentation requirements of the Ministry of Education’s Child Care and Early Years Act.
- leadership, mentoring and teambuilding;
- programming excellence for children and a strong understanding of “How Does Learning Happen” and the Program Statement and Implementation Policy;
- building and maintaining positive and supportive relationships with children, families, partners and the general public;
- the ability to work effectively with a diverse population;
- using ongoing self-reflection as a means to goal-set and improve practice;
- verbal and written communication.
- providing programs for children
Interested applicants, please submit your resume by email to email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit whitehillschildcare.ca.