CraigwoodYouth Craigwood Youth Services
Craigwood is meeting the needs of today and building an organization for future generations. An organization where everyone is welcome. Come build it with us. We are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. Craigwood welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous People, persons with disabilities and LGBTQ2IA+ persons.
Craigwood Children, Youth & Family Services is seeking Child and Youth Worker(s) to join our multi-disciplinary team dedicated to improving the mental health of children, youth and families in the London-Middlesex area. Our programs are committed to an approach that is strength-focused, family based, community oriented, and highly flexible and responsive to client needs.
- You will be responsible for the support, safety and security of the youth in our care.
- As a member of a multi-disciplinary team, you will possess the ability to facilitate and motivate youth to work cooperatively, individually or in a group setting.
The successful candidate will have:
- Post-secondary education in Child & Youth Work or equivalent degree/diploma in the Human Services field (Appropriate combination of education & experience to satisfy the demands of the position.)
- Demonstrated understanding of treatment approaches and/or modalities for work with adolescents.
- Ability to empathize with hard-to-serve adolescents; sincere commitment to serve their needs.
- Demonstrated resiliency and commitment to the core values of the organization.
- Demonstrated competence in clerical tasks, including computer skills.
- Knowledge of safety and security procedures.
- Commitment to maintain and uphold a clean and safe environment.
- Current First Aid, C.P.R. and P.M.A.B. certification (preferred).
- Knowledge of CFSA, YCJA and OH&SA.
If successful, you must provide:
- A valid full ‘G’ class Ontario driver’s license and have your own reliable transportation (the majority of shifts are at our Ailsa Craig location).
- Current Police Record & Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Health assessment with current immunizations, including proof of 2 COVID-19 vaccinations
- Drivers Abstract.
- Standard First Aid/CPR Level C Certificate (must obtain within 60 days from your date of hire).
- Be available to complete mandatory agency orientation training.
Craigwood offers a competitive and comprehensive salary and benefit package.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter outlining key qualifications and experience in confidence to:
Human Resources, Craigwood Youth Services
Subject Line: Nights 2022016
Or via Fax: (519) 432-8964