The St. Clair Region Conservation Authority
Position Title: Conservation Area Gatehouse Attendant & Maintenance
Job Type: Seasonal (May 1, 2023 to September 4, 2023)
Department: Conservation Areas
Immediate Supervisor: Conservation Area Superintendent
Start Date: May 1, 2023
The St. Clair Region Conservation Authority (SCRCA) is looking to add to their team, two Conservation Area Gatehouse Attendant & Maintenance staff. The Gatehouse Attendant & Maintenance positions are responsible for providing quality customer service to campground visitors and performing routine facility and grounds maintenance.
- Provide quality customer service
- Take camping reservations, issue campsite permits, collect fees, prepare shift reports, and advise staff of check in and check out information
- Assist the general public by providing information on policies, regulations, facilities, and general information
- Open and close facilities as required
- Assist in controlling and regulating visitor access to the Conservation Area
- Perform maintenance duties including washroom and grounds cleaning, cutting or trimming grass/vegetation, cleaning fire pits, garbage collection, nature trail maintenance, etc.
- May be required to assist in the organization, promotion, and delivery of social activities and events
- Carry out all assigned duties in accordance with accepted safety practices
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must possess a valid class G driver’s licence
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; able to form and maintain positive relationships with the public and fellow staff
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to learn and use campsite reservation software, excel, and other basic computer programs
- Must be able to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions and be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must have the ability to work alone
- Standard First Aid and CPR certification is an asset
- Work duties frequently take place outdoors in varying weather conditions
- Frequent multitasking and flexibility in meeting maintenance and customer service needs
- AW Campbell Conservation Area, 8477 Shiloh Line, Brooke-Alvinston, ON (1)
- LC Henderson Conservation Area, 3653 Petrolia Line, Petrolia, ON (1)
SCRCA has established a Vaccination Policy for staff in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. As a result, should you be the successful candidate for the position, you will receive a conditional offer of employment contingent on your providing us with proof of full vaccination. If you are seeking an exemption from vaccination due to the application of the Ontario Human Rights Code, you will be required to provide satisfactory evidence of the reason for such an exemption upon receipt of the conditional offer.
Salary: $16.50 per hour
Hours: 40 hours per week
Additional information about the SCRCA is available on the website at www.scrca.on.ca.
Please submit your cover letter and resume outlining how your experience meets the necessary qualifications to:
- email@example.com indicating the Competition Number and position title in the subject line of your email, or
- mail to:
St. Clair Region Conservation Authority
205 Mill Pond Crescent
Strathroy, ON, N7G 3P9
- or fax to 519-245-3348
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The St. Clair Region Conservation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org