The Municipality of Thames Centre
Located in southwestern Ontario, Thames Centre is a modern thriving municipality situated on the eastern boundary of the City of London. We offer the convenience of urban living with the less hectic pace of life in a community where neighbours and friends are often the same people. Our proximity to Highways 401, 402 and 403 make Thames Centre’s geographic location an ideal place to live, work and play.
Thames Centre invites qualified applicants for the full-time position of Chief Building Official / By-law Enforcement Officer / Risk Management Official.
Under the direction of the Director of Planning and Development Services, this position is responsible for the direction and administration of the Building Division, including the processing and issuance of building permits under the Ontario Building Code as well as the enforcement of municipal by-laws. As a Risk Management Official, this position is also responsible for administering and enforcing the Source Water Protection Plans having jurisdiction in the Municipality.
- Post-Secondary College Diploma in Architectural Engineering Technology or Construction Engineering Technology or related discipline.
- Minimum five (5) years related work experience in building and bylaw enforcement at an administrative level.
- Ontario Building Official Association designation.
- Knowledge of by-laws, applicable provincial and federal statutes and regulations, rules of evidence, and property rights including the following: Freedom of Information and Privacy Legislation, Municipal Act, Planning Act, Provincial Offences Act, Ontario Building Code Act, Municipal By-laws as mandated, and Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Proven supervisory, leadership and management abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter and able to work independently with little supervision.
- A valid unrestricted Ontario driver’s licence (minimum Class “G”)
What Thames Centre has to offer:
- A competitive salary ranging between $94,585 and $106,452 for 2023 with a 35-hour work week
- Flex-time opportunities
- Vacation-time entitlement recognizing previous years of service
- Comprehensive benefits package, along with eligibility to enroll in OMERS pension plan • Access to an Employee and Family Assistance Program
- A supportive and collaborative work environment.
Ready to Apply?
Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter before 4:00 p.m. on Friday, March 31, 2023 to:
Director of Planning and Development Services
Municipality of Thames Centre
4305 Hamilton Rd.
Dorchester, ON, N0L 1G3
The Municipality of Thames Centre is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
All applicants are thanked for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be further contacted. Information gathered is under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and shall only be used for candidate selection purposes.
In accordance with the Municipality of Thames Centre’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, please note that all new Thames Centre employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com