EarthFresh is a team of fantastic people who are joined together by the same belief – that “fresh produce is a way of life”. Our staff is comprised of passionate, caring, hard working men and women, who search the World for the best varieties to grow – who adhere to ‘best practices’ in growing, storing, packing and shipping our products – and who always maintain the highest levels of honesty and integrity in everything they do. EarthFresh is the produce that we sell. Our products are ‘real’ – they are from the soil. They are healthy and fresh – not processed, rich in vitamins and anti-oxidants, wholesome, and of course – great tasting! EarthFresh is the way that we conduct business. We use our resources responsibly, returning the Earth back to the way Nature intended. We believe in implementing sustainability into day-to-day operations, so that is part of our culture. We are only caretakers of the land while we are using it, and we have a responsibility to ensure that the next generations inherit this vital asset in as good, or better condition, than we did.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the General Labourer role exists to assist wherever necessary on the Production Floor. The incumbent shall be responsible for grading, operating equipment, operating a forklift, walkie, and overseeing operations in the wash plant area. This role requires the incumbent be able to lift over 50lbs throughout the day.
Reports to: Denise Hoskin, Production Manager
External Contacts: N/A
*Qualifications listed reflect desired qualifications for the position, and are intended as a recruitment tool in selecting the best qualified candidate. They are not necessarily reflective of the incumbent.
· Highschool diploma or equivalent
· Forklift, Reach, Walkie and Scissor Lift Certification/License an asset
Experience & Skills:
· Certified and experienced Forklift, Reach, Walkie and Scissor Lift Operator
· 1-2 years of experience in Warehouse or Production environment
· Food industry experience is nice-to-have
· Computer skills and ability to use Microsoft Office and internal ERP system: Famous
· Ability to cope under pressure and respond to urgent needs as directed by the Shipping/Receiving group
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Positive attitude and team player with a sense of urgency and willingness to get the job done
· Ability to lift over 50lbs repetitively
1. Unload and receive inbound product
2. Grade potatoes as necessary keeping an eye on quality standards at all times
3. “Lumping” potatoes onto skid utilizing proper lifting techniques
4. Preparing product for outbound shipment as dictated by the Production Manager
5. Operating machinery and equipment as required
6. General housekeeping and maintaining Health and Safety standards and protocols at all times
7. Move product from shipping & receiving area to/from cooler according to pick tickets
8. Create tags for outbound orders
9. Operate Forklift, Reach Truck, Walkie and Scissor Lift as required
10. Other duties and projects as assigned by the Plant Manager and/or Warehouse Manager
HOURS OF WORK & COMPENSATION
Due to the nature of this position and our customer driven business model, the incumbent’s core hours are as follows: Monday to Friday 8:00am to close. A degree of flexibility is mandatory, as the incumbent may be subjected to occasional overtime, and weekend work especially during our peak season.
This role is an hourly position, and as such requires the incumbent to punch-in and punch-out using the EarthFresh timekeeping system. Please refer to the offer letter for a detailed breakdown of pay.
EarthFresh is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for its employees. In addition to a comprehensive and robust benefits package for all employees, we also offer safety-boot/shoe reimbursement, provide our staff with smocks and/or t-shirts and hairnets which are to be worn at all times in designated areas on the production floor and warehouse. All of our production workers are scheduled for two 15 minute breaks, and a half hour lunch.
The Warehouse/Production area is kept cool to ensure the integrity of our perishable product. As such, the cooler’s temperature is regulated, and somewhat dimly lit. A high degree of caution and attentiveness must be exercised when on the production and warehouse floor as there are motorized vehicles (forklifts, reach trucks & scissor lifts) constantly in motion.
This role requires the incumbent to wear steel toed shoes/boots, and a hairnet at all times. No jewelry is permitted at any time while on the production/warehouse floor. Employees working in these departments are permitted to wear jeans. For a detailed explanation of our dress code, please see the attached dress code policy.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org