Website Seasons Retirement Communities -Strathroy
Full-time Department Manager
Monday to Friday
8:00am to 4:00pm
75 hours biweekly
Seasons Strathroy, Strathroy, ON, CA
Mission to You:
As a certified Great Place to Work®, Seasons believes that every single team member plays an important role in the overall happiness of our residents. We foster a culture of growth and support for our committed team members and offer opportunities for personal and professional development to advance a rewarding career in the seniors housing sector.
What We Look For:
Seasons looks for individuals who are enthusiastic about making a positive difference in the life of another person. We hire individuals who are committed to building meaningful relationships and strive for service excellence so our residents can be proud to call Seasons their home. Keen attention to details, going the extra mile and putting a little “wow” into everything we do is the Seasons way!
We’re looking for a Dining Services Manager. The Dining Services Manager is responsible for direct oversight of the Dining Services team and for ensuring the exceptional preparation and delivery of the resident and guest dining experience.
What You Will Do:
- Oversees and manages all operations within the kitchen and dining room; maintains cleanliness of kitchen
- Prepares and monitors the preparation of service daily and special event menu plans to ensure exceptional service and to ensure individual resident dietary needs are met
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with residents and guests in order to determine individual needs, resolve issues or concerns, and evaluate resident satisfaction
- Participates as a member of the management team and provides support to the other members of the team
- Provides leadership and direction to dining services staff members
- Sharing information and participating on committees (i.e. Food Advisory Committee) to develop and implement best practices throughout Seasons communities
- Consulting with the dietician and negotiating with suppliers to determine appropriate dietary need for menu planning purposes and to obtain optimum value for products
- Liaison with municipal and provincial agencies concerning health and safety issues. i.e. Community Care Facility
Qualifications or Skills Required:
- Covid-19 vaccination is mandatory
- Minimum two years of supervisory/chef experience in a volume food preparation environment in the healthcare or in the hospitality industry and working knowledge of special diets and dietary restrictions
- Understanding and experience in management of both the front and back of the house
- Strong communication skills; both oral and written
- Initiative, good judgment and strong ability to multitask
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with residents and their families, all levels of staff members, guests and other professionals with a high degree of patience and tolerance
- Red Seal Certification is considered an asset
- Class G/Class 5 driver’s license with clear driver’s abstract (Applicable to Ontario/Alberta)
- Current CPR & First Aid Certification
- Current Safe Food Handler’s Certification
- Current Smart Serve/Pro Serve Certification (Applicable to Ontario/Alberta)
- Must have/obtain Food Safety Certificates I and II
- Ability to lift up to/including 50 pounds is considered an asset
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Seasons Retirement Communities (“Seasons”) is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. In accordance with Season’s Accessibility Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Season’s hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Note during COVID-19: At the outset of the COVID-19 situation in Canada, Seasons Retirement Communities implemented heightened precautionary protocols in all of our homes. We continue to follow the advice of provincial and federal governments, our sector regulators and local Public Health agencies. Job responsibilities are being reviewed and adjusted accordingly to ensure the well-being of the successful candidate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org