Municipality of Strathroy-Caradoc
Under the general supervision of the Supervisor of Parks and Recreational Facilities, and the technical direction and guidance of the Lead Hand, the Recreational Facility Attendant assists with the maintenance of recreational facilities and provides assistance in the execution of Municipal events.
As a member of the Municipal team, each employee is responsible for serving the citizens of Strathroy-Caradoc by meeting the ratepayers’ needs and expectations, as articulated by Council, by striving to be the best in everything we do through attitude, training and creativity, and for representing the Municipality as a strong, integrated organization dedicated to quality, sustainable and viable services.
- Carries out building and grounds maintenance to departmental standards (custodial duties)
- Carries out net pegging procedure when required
- Prepares facilities in accordance with approved user requirements (set ups and tear downs)
- Works at either municipal arena or other assigned park or Municipal facility
- Performs Public Skating Cruiser duties, including enforcing public skating rules and ticket taking / cash handling
- Assists in the execution of Municipal events
- Performs such other related duties as may be assigned
- Knowledge of the methods, procedures, principles and practices involved in the operations of recreational facilities an asset.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Exceptional customer service, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Energetic, positive attitude and ability to work independently.
- Ability to skate considered an asset
- Valid class “G” Ontario driver’s licence considered an asset.
- Flexibility to accept last-minute shifts considered an asset.
- First Aid and CPR considered an asset.
- Provide a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check prior to starting employment.
- Provide proof of full vaccination against Covid-19 prior to starting employment.
Wage: Band 1 – $15.18 ($15.50 effective October 1, 2022) – $18.97 per hour
To Apply: Qualified candidates are invited to e-mail their cover letter and resume by email to:
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only for employment purposes. The Municipality of Strathroy-Caradoc is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com