Dairy Lane Systems
Do you want to step away from your monotonous, tedious work environment and make a move to an exciting and fast-growing industry? Agriculture/dairy is a quick-moving, forward-thinking business that offers the newest in technology and much more. You will find innovative and exciting opportunities you won’t, and can’t, get anywhere else. Read on for more details about us and the position or check our website to see it all come to life!! www.dairylane.ca
Dairy Lane Systems started in 1990 as a Surge milking equipment dealer. Since that time, we have expanded our scope to include automated milking robots, stabling, manure management, plumbing and ventilation services. Most recently, we acquired 2 milking equipment dealerships in Western Canada. In addition to the milking equipment sales, service and installation business, we are also involved in the design, build and operation of renewable energy biogas plants (DLS Biogas), the construction of agricultural structures (DLS Structures) and the manufacturing of dairy farm equipment (DLS Manufacturing).
We have grown steadily over the last 30+ years by focusing on our customer’s long-term success. Today, the DLS group of companies (DLS) employs over 120 team members. DLS is proud to offer the best for our people which is why we hire people ready to grow and excel. We know our people are our greatest asset and we provide the opportunity to have a career, not just a job.
The successful candidate will work with other DLS team members to plan, organize and execute projects including managing several tasks to ensure deadlines are met, resourcing along with administrative duties such as maintaining project documentation.
- Work with sales once job is sold to detail plans
- Issue orders for material required
- Create working plans as required by staff/ contractors
- Detailed stabling plans
- Detailed ventilation plans
- Detailed manure system plans
- Ensure product gets to site when needed
- Meet with owners/ contractors to ensure they have information they need
- Assist pulling and staging orders
- Assist with monthly billing and approvals
- Provide quality workmanship consistent with company and industry standards
- Follow Health and Safety requirements in all regards ensuring prevention of illness/injury
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have extremely strong Autocad experience
- Experience detailing drawings
- Experience creating bids
- Experience in construction industry
- Experience in project management an asset
- Ability to work together with all DLS team members as needed (installers, sales, other Project Coordinators, etc.)
- Willing to assist with jobs as required – sometimes physically demanding
- Work with Sales team to detail plans, spec job, quote and execute the project
- Create purchase orders as required
- Track orders
- Track project status
- Communicate project needs and plans with team members
- Desire to work as needed to get the job done
- Must be able to work at a fast pace to ensure completion of projects – often multiple at one time
- Must be able to work unsupervised and take full ownership of the job, come on the job and “get to it”
- Ability to perform physical tasks that may require lifting, pushing, pulling, bending/stooping/crouching, kneeling, lifting up to 50lbs, standing for extended periods of time
- Strong work ethic and a desire to be part of a high-performing team
- Must be legally entitled to work and live in Canada
- Must maintain a valid G driver’s license and have your own vehicle as we are not on a bus route
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where your workday will rarely be the same but will always be exciting!!!
This is a full-time position Monday – Friday. We offer a total compensation package which includes competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and the opportunity for growth and advancement!! Come grow with us!!
Compensation commensurate with experience
Interested applicants, please click here to submit your application and upload your resume
DLS is committed to providing accommodation for individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Accommodations are available upon request of the applicant. If you require an accommodation due to a disability for an interview, please notify Human Resources directly to make appropriate arrangements when contacted for an interview.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit secure.indeed.com.