Dashwood Industries Inc.
Dashwood Industries Inc. a major manufacturer and distributor of windows and entrance systems for the residential and commercial markets has an immediate opening for a Production Supervisor. Dashwood Industries has been manufacturing high quality windows and doors since 1928. Our commitment to providing the very best quality, selection and service to our customers has never wavered. We are looking for an individual who is interested in thriving professionally at a rapidly growing company with an inclusive and engaging culture. A career at Dashwood means you can become a part of a clear purpose; one that brings innovation and quality for years to come.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for supporting the manufacturing of products through the supervision of the production team. As a production supervisor, you will oversee the activities of production workers, identify and resolve production related issues and ensure that quality and efficiency measures are met. The Production Supervisor is expected to work closely with other functions within the facility to execute plant-wide initiatives.
Reports To: Director of Operations/Engineering
- Monitors daily production and quality control performance, identifying inefficiencies and takes responsive and corrective actions where necessary assisting in all aspects on the production floor.
- Identify and report quality issues and escalate to the appropriate team to prevent further processing, assembly or delivery of non-conforming products.
- Minimize costs of operating through proper planning and efficient use of all available resources.
- Participate in production planning, review and report on daily targets for production based on schedules.
- Conduct pre-shift team meetings to review that proper processes, controls, quality and traceability are being followed at all times.
- Communicate expectations, operational objectives and standards.
- Liaise with management team to resolve productions problems.
- Responsible for ensuring employee safety, provide first aid where required, appropriate and timely documentation of accidents, incidents and near misses.
- Actively participate in employee return to work and modified duties planning.
- Identify and report on continuous improvements of safety practices.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable policies, standards, and legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Employment Standards Act and Ontario Human Rights Code.
- Grade 12 Diploma or GED required
- 3-5 years of relevant supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent organization, communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to create and adhere to production processes
- Knowledge of Dashwood Product and/or windows and doors an asset
- Good understanding of delivery system and order processing systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications
Dashwood offers a competitive compensation/benefits package.
Dashwood Industries is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If chosen to participate in the selection process, accommodations are available upon request. If you require an accommodation through any aspect of the selection process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
To apply for this job please visit www.glassdoor.ca.