Dashwood Industries Inc.
Dashwood Industries has been manufacturing high quality windows and doors since 1928. Our commitment to providing the very best quality, selection and service to our customers has never wavered. We are looking for individuals who are interested in thriving professionally at a rapidly growing company with an inclusive and engaging culture. A career Dashwood means you can become a part of a clear purpose; one that brings innovation and quality for years to come.
- Must be able to understand the painting processes including scheduling, painting, options, components etc.
- Must be willing and able to learn and perform all operations in this area, including painting, prepping and performing these tasks as required.
- Team oriented, able to work constructively with everyone.
- Punctuality and attendance is crucial. Must have a good attendance record.
- Fluent in basic reading, writing and mathematical skills including measurement in both imperial and metric.
- Must follow legislated and Company safety laws and rules, promoting a safe work environment for everyone.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work load.
- Constructively participate in team discussions, and issue resolution.
- Must be accurate and detail minded.
- Willing and able to identify and assist in correcting causes of scrap and downtime.
- Quality conscious, safe work record and practice good housekeeping habits.
- Must support and work towards achieving quality expectations including first time quality.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Willing to work shift work and overtime when required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required
- Ability to read a tape measure and has essential mathematical skills
- Possess teamwork, communication and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and interact effectively with other team members and departments.
- Versatility, flexibility, ability to work shift work and in a fast paced environment
Shifts of work: Monday to Friday, 2-week rotation shift work – 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM and 3:30 PM to midnight. Permanent afternoons available 3:30 PM to midnight. All Overtime is voluntary including weekends.
This is a permanent full-time position starting at $19.25 per hour. Shift premium for afternoons. We provide a comprehensive benefits plan.
We thank all applicants; however, only those requested for an interview will be contacted.
Dashwood Industries provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require a specific accommodation, please let us know.
To apply for this job please visit www.glassdoor.ca.