Join the Norbec team as we begin our manufacturing journey in Ontario. We are excited to offer a ground floor opportunity to be a maintenance team member in something new and ambitious: our 150,000ft2 facility currently under construction in Strathroy, positioned very strategically for our company’s growth.
Why Norbec? We are a Canadian-owned company that is a North American market leader which specializes in manufacturing prefabricated walk-in coolers & freezers, doors, and architectural insulated metal panels. Our products are revolutionizing construction, offering cost-effective and time-saving alternatives to traditional methods while improving energy efficiency and structural integrity.
Location Benefits: For those commuting from London, you’ll often find our facility quicker to reach than navigating the city!
Our Vision: Collaboration, engagement and customer experience are the keys to Norbec’s unparalleled success and reputation. These values are applied each and every day by competent, motivated people that have enabled Norbec to become a leading manufacturer of Insulated Metal Panels (IMPs) for Architectural & Building Envelope solutions in Canada. Our unwavering commitment to sustainability, quality, and innovation is at our core.
Whether it’s our colleagues, associates, suppliers, or our invaluable employees, it’s not just about maintaining and improving machinery and our processes; it’s about upholding the promise of quality and innovation that defines us. With your dedication and expertise, we aim to redefine industry standards, offer innovative solutions to our customers, and solidify our position as trusted partners in this growing market.
Ready to be part of our dynamic maintenance team? Apply now and pave the way for a sustainable future with Norbec!
Reporting to the Plant Maintenance and Engineering Manager, the maintenance technician is responsible for the maintenance and efficiency of production equipment and buildings.
Immediate supervisor: Plant Maintenance and Engineering Manager
- Follow and promote the Health, Safety and Hygiene rules in the workplace;
- Support production line as required, including, but not limited to process and machine diagnostics, repairs, troubleshooting, modifications, and other production support as required;
- Communicate effectively with operators and supervision to build capability and review line interventions and improvement ideas;
- Execute maintenance activities on mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment;
- Participate in the detailed planning and preparation for plant shutdowns and equipment interventions;
- Use and improve the maintenance task planning software (INTERAL);
- Contribute to preparations for general plant shutdowns; participate in execution, support demobilization and plant start-up;
- Participate in line installation, startup, improvements, designs, manufacturing, parts purchasing;
- Participate in various continuous improvement, OHSA and other meetings;
- Work alongside and problem solve with subcontractors, providing direction where required.
Required training and experience
- Diploma in automated systems electromechanics, maintenance technician or other related education;
- 5 or more years’ experience in an automated plant.
Key skills required
- Knowledge of Allen-Bradley RSlogix5000 programming (an asset)
- Be autonomous, resourceful, rigorous and detail-oriented;
- Ability to work safely under pressure;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and team spirit.
- Knowledge of welding, assembly and machining is an asset.
Location : Strathroy, ON. In-person.
Schedule : Full time (40h)
Salary range: $36-42/hr
Interested applicants, please submit your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com