Strathmere Lodge, a not-for-profit, long-term-care home is owned by the County of Middlesex. Opened in 2006, this facility sits on a five-acre site on the outskirts of Strathroy. The home provides care to 160 residents in accordance with Ontario legislation and standards established and monitored by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care.
- Reporting to the Manager of Housekeeping and Laundry, the Housekeeping Worker sweeps and mops floors, washes or dusts furniture and equipment, and carries out various other tasks as indicated on the daily cleaning schedule.
- Washes, dusts, cleans and rooms, halls, stairs, windows, walls, corridors, beds and furniture, etc. using chemical cleansers, dust mops, dusters, pails and cleaning cloths.
- Removes resident’s personal property upon discharge as directed, cleans and prepares resident room for admission.
- Moves furniture to dust, damp mop and finish floors.
- Washes floors daily in all washrooms and thoroughly cleans and disinfects all sinks, toilets, tubs and other fixtures. Restocks paper products and soap supplies.
- Polishes/scrubs floors with floor polisher and carpet scrub/extract as required.
- Empties all waste receptacles and cleans out containers daily.
- Washes closets and bedside tables when personal effects have been removed.
- Requires long periods of standing on hard floors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Minimum of Grade 10
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job as specified in the Physical Demands Analysis
- Previous experience as a housekeeper in healthcare, hospitality or residential setting
- Must provide a Current Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Must provide a two-step TB skin test (dated within 1 year)
This is a permanent, part-time, relief/on-call position. Scheduled hours are not guaranteed. The successful candidate must be available to work weekdays, evenings, weekends and statutory holidays, and must be available on short notice for call in shifts.
Strathmere Lodge provides competitive compensation, complete with comprehensive health and dental benefits (or pay in lieu of benefits), and enrollment in the OMERS (Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System) pension plan, where applicable as per the Collective Agreement. The pay scale for this position is $25.26 – $25.84 per hour plus pay in lieu of benefits.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to Rebecca Zeldon, Human Resources and Employee Wellness Advisor, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, September 30, 2022.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com