Tail Waggin' Dog Ranch
Tail Waggin’ Dog Ranch in Muncey is hiring a FULL TIME EXPERIENCED Dog Handler to join their team.
If you are someone who is passionate about working with animals and is eager to help provide care for canines, this is the job for you. While we will provide quality training, YOU MUST BE EXPERIENCED IN WORKING AND HANDLING DOGS IN A KENNEL SETTING!
- Must be able to work in a very fast paced environment
- Must be willing to learn dog discipline and behavior modification
- Assist in caring for dogs including supervision, walking, spending time with them, some behaviour modification, and some assistance with feeding
- Clean dog care areas, including removing waste appropriately
- Must be physically fit
- Available for last minute call in’s as bookings can sometimes be last minute
- React to any escalating situations between dogs with appropriate separation and disciplinary actions (training will be provided)
- Interact with customers dropping off and picking up dogs
- Must have knowledge of dog behaviours and working with nervous dogs
- Must have Valid Drivers License and own transportation to worksite
- Must have good communication skills as communicating with other staff members regarding dog behaviour is pivotal in maintaining a safe environment
- Must be interested in and willing to learn dog discipline and behaviour modification
- Must be able to react quickly to escalating scenarios to maintain safety of staff and dogs
- Must be able to walk for long periods of time and fairly frequently as some dogs have greater exercise needs (can walk up to 45 minutes 6 times a day for high-energy dogs)
- Must have good customer service skills
- Ability to take initiative and make quick decisions is important.
Wage: $17.00 to start, 30 – 40 hours a week
Interested applicants, please submit your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com