Norbec is hiring a Department Manager – Plant Maintenance and Engineering to join their team!
Norbec is a leading North American manufacturer of prefabricated cold rooms, doors, and architectural panels for building envelopes.
Our mission is to contribute to the creation of a sustainable world by manufacturing high-performance insulating solutions.
In terms of vision, Norbec is committed to achieving sustainable growth by being a trusted partner and offering innovative solutions focused on our customers’ needs. These goals will be achieved through motivated employees and an unwavering desire to continually improve everything we do.
Our values? Customer experience, respect, collaboration, commitment, and innovation.
Under the supervision of the Plant Manager, the Plant Maintenance and Engineering Manager is responsible for the maintenance of the production line and building, as well as managing the reliability of production equipment. In collaboration with other departments, he/she must demonstrate leadership and expertise to optimize the efficiency and performance of our maintenance and operation processes/methods.
- Ensure the application of health and safety rules and processes, as well as the implementation of the machine safety plan;
- Manage the maintenance team;
- Responsible for the plant’s preventive and predictive maintenance program;
- Develop and monitor production equipment reliability program; line maintenance KPIs.
- Analyze equipment performance data and maintenance practices to recommend improvements to processes, procedures and/or systems;
- Ensure implementation and follow-up of maintenance work procedures;
- Coordinate the management of spare and critical parts inventories, as well as the purchasing process for maintenance parts and components;
- Monitor and manage improvement projects, in collaboration with operations departments;
- Manage building maintenance and related contracts;
- Participate in the preparation of SR&ED reports.
- Manage files with insurers;
- Management of maintenance and automation contractors;
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, automated production, industrial or electrical engineering;
- Member of Professional Engineers Ontario;
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant experience in manufacturing and manufacturing processes;
- Experience in project management and capital expense planning
Key Skills required
- Knowledge of continuous lines and PLCs;
- Experience in continuous improvement (Lean, Kaizen, 5S, etc.);
- Experience with Epicor and Interal an asset;
- Structured, mobilizing leadership, team spirit, communication skills, autonomous.
- Good skills with technological tools and information technology.
What the company offers
- The possibility of enriching your career by joining a fast-growing company, a team where participative management is a priority
- The opportunity to participate in the success of a business with sustainable products that are in demand throughout Canada and the United States.
- The possibility of advancement within the company every 2-3 years if you wish!
- An RRSP with employer contribution
- An advantageous group insurance program, including vision care, dental care and more
- Weeks of paid vacation in addition to paid leave during the holiday season
- Access to training and development programs
Interested applicants, please submit your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com