Website CMHA Thames Valley Addiction & Mental Health Services
At CMHA Thames Valley Addiction and Mental Health Services, we’re working to ignite hope and foster change for those in our community who are experiencing mental illness or addictions.
As a Maintenance Worker at our Elgin site, you’ll support this work through various maintenance tasks to assist with smooth and efficient operations of our housing units and programs sites.
Consider revitalizing your career and making a difference in your community by joining our team!
Location: Multi-Site Accountability; Elgin County Catchment Area
- To work flexible hours in conjunction with other part time maintenance staff
- General repairs, maintenance of CMHA Housing units and program sites
- Garbage to curb for CMHA locations as required
- Domestic cleaning, readying residential units for re-rental
- Assisting tenants in domestic maintenance when help is requested (i.e. showing tenant how to use vacuum, how to slide windows in to clean, etc.)
- Decorating activities, plaster repair, painting, wallpapering, carpet shampooing
- Assist with annual inspections for repair inventory; tool and equipment inventory
- Seasonal maintenance (re: eaves troughs, siding, windows, air conditioners)
- Facilitate equipment or furniture moves from site to site
- Recommend contracting of more specialized repairs
- Participation in various employment related committees.
- Recording of hours spent per job with comments on each work order
- Other duties as assigned
- Education and/or experience in areas of general maintenance
- Previous experience in a maintenance related position
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with clients, program teams and representatives
- The ability to use technology including computers, smartphones and related software like Microsoft Office
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Vehicle insurance in compliance with CMHA TVAMHS policy
- Current, clear Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC)
- Demonstrated ability to attend work regularly
We prefer the following qualifications:
- Experience working in an organization providing community-based mental health and/or addictions services;
- Current certifications in Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI), Standard CPR / First Aid, and/or ASIST
- Bilingual both official languages, preferred; préférence sera accordée aux candidats qui sont compétents dans les deux langues officielles du Canada
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO APPLY:
Vaccination Requirements – CMHA Thames Valley Addiction & Mental Health Services requires that all staff members be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the rare exemption of those individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to approved exemptions (medical reasons or religious grounds as recognized in the Ontario Human Rights Code). Proof of full vaccination or approval of exemption will be required; further details will be provided to those candidates moving forward in the recruitment process.
Police Vulnerable Sector Check – Successful candidates must have a Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC) completed within the last six months. In order to avoid delays in beginning a position, interested applicants who are in need of a PVSC are encouraged to apply for one as soon as possible.
WHAT WE’RE OFFERING:
- What you’ll be making – $23.10 per hour
- When you’ll work – 42 hours over a two week period, Monday to Wednesday 8:00am – 4:00pm
- What your benefits will be – After a 90 day waiting period, you will be enrolled in our extended healthcare benefits plan.
- Your pension plan – Immediately eligible for optional enrolment in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
Our recruitment process allows us to learn about your previous work experience, your qualifications and your commitment to fulfilling our vision. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those individuals being considered for a position will be personally contacted by someone from the interview team.
Interested applicants, please click here to fill out your application and upload your resume
We welcome and encourage applications from all members of our community including persons of any gender, gender identity, gender expression, or sexual orientation, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, and members of visible minorities. If you require accommodations related to a disability at any point during the recruitment process, please contact Human.Resources@cmhatv.ca
To apply for this job please visit cmhamiddlesex.applytojob.com.