The Komoka Railway Museum
The Komoka Railway museum is looking for an energetic, customer-service oriented student or youth to assist during the summer months. This role is 35 hours per week. The successful candidate will be a youth between 16 and 30 years of age and must have the ability to start June 29th and complete the season on August 21st or possibly August 28th. Please see below for more details.
- Greet visitors to the museum and provide guidance through the museum site.
- Process admissions including cash or debit/credit transactions.
- Sell souvenirs and articles to customers.
- Catalogue artifacts and maintain accurate records under the direction of the Curator
- Transfer catalogued data to the digital archive format
- Complete computer-oriented tasks including tracking information, on-line research and using Microsoft Office-based applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Create or update displays of artefacts
- Assist museum volunteers in reconstruction or restoration of museum artefacts or property maintenance
- Initiate content for our social media sites including Facebook and Instagram
- Expand our offerings to children and youth, creating age specifics displays, handouts and web material
- Option to create and work on independent projects of your choosing that are beneficial to the museum
- assist with a map cataloguing project
- Updating our WordPress-based website
- Assist volunteers and members with upkeep of buildings and grounds
Hours: Thursday – Sunday, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm plus one additional day
- Must have excellent attention to detail.
- Must have customer service skills, previous experience in customer service is an asset.
- Must be able to work around dust and with dusty artifacts.
- Be able to work with cash and perform basic math.
- Must have excellent work ethic and ability to manage opening and closing the museum; previous experience as a key holder is an asset.
If interested, please send resumes to email@example.com or mail your resume to KRMI, 131 Queen Street, Komoka ON N0L 1R0.
(NOTE: Actual duties may be adjusted to accommodate any COVID-19 restrictions imposed by government.)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org