As the world leader in the design, engineering and manufacturing of high quality magnesium and aluminum die cast components, we are driven to provide lightweight, innovative and effective solutions for our distinguished automotive clients around the globe. Our maintenance people are an integral part of our manufacturing family.
You will be primarily responsible for providing maintenance and troubleshooting support to the manufacturing plants, maintain equipment and perform preventative maintenance in a safe manner. Wages to be determined based upon experience.
- Maintaining a safe working environment: Performing duties in a safe, efficient and proper manner. Applying and meeting all applicable codes, standards and/or regulations when doing work.
- Records: Preparing and maintaining records of program changes, building electrical upgrades and equipment electrical upgrades. Maintain daily record of work completed.
- Maintenance tasks: Maintaining and repairing plant equipment and performing preventative maintenance on equipment and facilities. Support all teams in crisis management situations i.e. breakdowns. Take part in the annual preventative maintenance requirements on the equipment.
- Training: Participating in training and skill, transfer programs for apprentices with regular review of the practical training progress.
- Other duties as required including special projects as they arise.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION
- Certificate of Qualification, Certificate of Apprenticeship (Electrician and Industrial Millwright) Red Seal
- 5+ years’ experience in a die cast, automotive, or manufacturing environment performing like tasks
- Arc flash formal training or at least 1 year hands-on experience
- Experience working with Motoman robots and PLC experience – RSLogix5000
- Be capable of troubleshooting mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems, repair or exchange faulty components, and process troubleshooting are assets
- Show maturity, good judgment, reliability, verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of applicable government codes, rules and regulations and be able to keep up to date of changes of these codes
- Computer skills would be an asset
- CNC experience would be an asset (MAZAK, MAKINO)
- Be able to provide personal tools, large or specialty tools provided
- Be able to read hydraulic, electrical prints
- Be willing to work shifts (rotation to be explained)
- Knowledge of company policies & procedures
- Be familiar with the OH&S Act and Regulations
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all those interested in the position, however, only those applicants who have been shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com