Changing lives and communities through the power of WORK.
Goodwill Industries is a non-profit social enterprise that provides work opportunities, skills development and employee and family strengthening for those who face barriers such as disability or social disadvantage. The aim is to advance individuals, families and communities toward economic self-sufficiency and prosperity.
What’s a Donor Greeter?
Reporting to the Goodwill Community Store Manager, this position will provide assistance to donors, accept donations from donor’s vehicles, process donations into appropriate categories, maintain accurate records and ensure facility security, maintenance and Health & Safety.
The successful candidate will be able to work a flexible schedule and will be open to progressing within the organization.
What’s the role?
- Greet donors in a prompt, friendly and courteous manner
- Sort donations into Goodwill’s categories for processing
- Maintain accurate daily counts of donors
- Adhere to acceptable product standards
- Maintain the donor area and work area in a clean and organized manner
- Transport garbage to the garbage area as needed
- Assist donors with donations
- Record donor’s contact information when a tax receipt is requested
- Perform other related activities as necessary or as assigned
Do you fit the part?
- Do you have basic math skills?
- Are you able to determine the quality of retail goods?
- Is your schedule flexible to work evenings, weekends and holidays?
- Are you able to meet the physical demands, including: Frequent pushing, pulling and reaching; frequent bending and kneeling; frequent lifting or carrying up to 20 kgs; frequent flexing or rotation of the wrist(s) and spine; standing for extended periods of time.
- This is a part time position which may lead to full time hours
What’s in it for you?
- Fun and challenging work environment
- Support for your personal growth and development goals
- Guaranteed hourly wage
Please apply directly to be considered for this role using the email address below.
NOTE: Internal candidates must secure their Direct Manager’s endorsement prior to applying.
Goodwill Industries is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Please apply to:
Nicole Gauthier, Strathroy Community Store
To apply for this job email your details to NGauthier@goodwillindustries.ca