The Youth Job Connection program offers professional job readiness and search support to young people age 15 to 29 who are experiencing personal challenges that present barriers to securing and retaining employment. Community Employment Choices is committed to assisting youth to define and achieve their goals for obtaining long-term employment and a meaningful career.
Eligible candidates will have the opportunity to learn about the local job market, understand career choices, and will receive practical, hands-on training designed specifically to prepare them for successful employment.
Eligible youth are:
- Age 15 to 29 (youth who are age 15 – 18 must be legally excused from attending high school)
- A resident of Ontario
- Eligible to work in Canada
- NOT participating in full-time training or education
- Subject to further assessment by a CEC Employment Advisor for other suitability criteria
Earn $$$ While You Learn
Youth Job Connection participants will engage in at least 60 hours of mandatory paid pre-employment training activities over a 4 week period. Training activities include:
- Career assessment and exploration
- Resume and cover letter writing
- Communication skills development
- Time management
- Team building
- Interview preparation and practice
Upon successful completion of the program, CEC Employment Advisors will work with participants to begin a collaborative search for suitable job opportunities where program incentives are available to eligible employers. CEC will provide ongoing support, during and after the program, with additional training as required, and/or assistance transitioning between school and work.
Contact Community Employment Choices at 519.245.4500 or toll free at 1.888.478.2111, or stop by our office to complete a registration form and get started today!
For more information on Youth Job Connection and other youth and student employment programs, visit the Employment Ontario web site.