The Youth Job Connection summer program offers professional job readiness and search support to high school students age 15 to 18 who are facing challenging life circumstances and are at risk of experiencing poor transition between education and work. Community Employment Choices is committed to assisting these students to set and achieve their goal of securing summer and/or part-time employment.
Eligible participants will receive practical, hands-on work readiness training, and receive guidance through all aspects of the job search and placement process.
Eligible youth are:
- Age 15 to 18
- A resident of Ontario
- Eligible to work in Canada
- Experiencing difficulties between education and work
- Subject to further assessment by a CEC Employment Advisor for other suitability criteria
Earn $$$ While You Learn
Participants will complete 20 hours of mandatory paid pre-employment training activities after which a collaborative job search will begin. Training activities include:
- Career assessment and exploration
- Resume and cover letter writing
- Communication skills development
- Time management
- Team building
- Interview preparation and practice
Don’t delay, get started today! Contact Community Employment Choices at 519.245.4500 or toll free at 1.888.478.2111, or stop by our office to complete a registration form and get started today!
For more information on Youth Job Connection and other youth and student employment programs, visit the Employment Ontario web site.