The Youth Job Connection summer program offers professional job readiness and search support to high school students age 15 to 18 who are facing challenging life circumstances and are at risk of experiencing poor transition between education and work. Community Employment Choices is committed to assisting these students to set and achieve their goal of securing summer and/or part-time employment.
Participants will complete 20 hours of mandatory paid pre-employment training activities after which a collaborative job search will begin.
CEC Employment Advisors will work closely with student participants and qualified employers to find a suitable match and placement, as well as offer ongoing support to all parties to ensure overall success.
Employer placement incentives are provided during the job placement to offset costs of temporary reduction in productivity, increased supervision requirements, and other expenses resulting from the placement.
Eligible employers must:
- Offer a summer placement opportunity that is a maximum of 8 weeks, or 6 months for a part-time placement during the school year
- Be licensed to operate in Ontario
- Comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Employment Standards Act
- Maintain appropriate Workplace Safety and Insurance Board or private workplace safety insurance coverage
- Have adequate third party general liability insurance
- Comply with all applicable federal and provincial human rights and labour legislation, regulations, and any other relevant standards
- Provide the job placement in Ontario
Don’t delay, get started today! Contact Community Employment Choices at 519.245.4500 or toll free at 1.888.478.2111, or stop by our office to complete a registration form and get started today!
For more information on Youth Job Connection and other youth and student employment programs, visit the Employment Ontario web site.