Quad County Support Services will comply with the Federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) as well as the Provincial Health Information Protection Act, Bill 31 and any other Federal, Provincial and Municipal Privacy Laws.
Quad County Support Services will follow the Canadian Standards Association’s Model Code for the protection of personal information.
The ten principles are:
- Accountability: Quad County Support Services is responsible for personal information under its control and shall designate an individual or individuals who are accountable for compliance with the following principles.
- Identifying Purposes: The purposes for which personal information is collected shall be identified by Quad county Support Services at or before the time the information is collected.
- Consent: The knowledge and consent of the individual are required for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information, except when inappropriate.
- Limiting Collection: The collection of personal information shall be limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by Quad County Support Services. Information shall be collected by fair and lawful means.
- Limited Use, Disclosure and Retention: Personal information shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law. Personal information shall be retained only as long as necessary for fulfillment of those purposes or as an Act(s) deems to be required.
- Accuracy: Personal information shall be accurate, complete, and up to date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
- Safeguards: Personal information shall be protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
- Openness: Quad County support Services shall make readily available to individuals specific information about its policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- Individual Access: Upon request, an individual shall be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information and shall be given access to that information. An individual shall be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
- Challenging Compliance: An individual shall be able to address a challenge about compliance with the above principles to the designated individual or individuals for quad County Support Services compliance.